Journey

Monday 4 January 2010

Mini Drugstore Haul

I keep telling myself that I should be self-imposing a makeup ban, but alas, nothing works.

Except for boyfriend physically pulling me away from the cosmetic sections in drugstores, etc.

So today, while I was out without the boyfriend, I grabbed two makeup items, stuff that I usually don't get because I feel that I have more than enough eyeshadows in the same old shades over and over again (but I love my neutrals!), and I feel that I've been neglecting my cheeks, face and lips (and Watsons was having 20% off!)

And this is what I got (no pictures, sorry, I have a shit-ass lousy camera):

1. Silkygirl Blush Hour in 04 Honeywood










It's a really pretty shade which I think would give my face more of a glow. Plus, I don't have a single orange blusher so why not? There was really nothing holding me back from buying, apart from the risk of boyfriend-aggro. I have it on right now and I think it makes my face look healthier, haha.


2. Rimmel London Hide the Blemish Concealer in Sand
(my very first concealer!)















I got really excited when I saw this product as I was just talking to En Ping about using concealers/foundations with nude or clear glosses to substitute a nude shade on the lips (which I feel Singapore drugstore cosmetic counters are desperately in need of) when I saw this. Especially so since it looks like lipstick.
*Edit; okay, the testers obviously didn't look like lipstick but when I opened mine to check out whether or not it had melted like cosmetics have a tendency to do so under spotlight, I was thrilled when it looked like a lippy!

I swatched it on my lips as it was and it was actually quite pale which made me look like I was about to die or something. I then applied a Silkygirl lipgloss that I happened to have in my bag but it just wasn't working.

Really thought that it was a serious miss but when I got home, I decided to give it another chance with my YSL lippy and oh gosh, the colour is gorgeous! Shall wear it to the office tomorrow! But I think I'll slick on some lipbalm before I apply the concealer and lippy because it feels rather drying on my lips.

Anyway, I haven't really used this concealer for any real blemish hiding, so I'll talk about it when I actually get around doing it. It's apparently good for hiding all blemishes, including dark eye circles. So I guess there's no more need to be afraid of the horrendous patches under my eyes after staying up late to WoW?
*Edit; I was bored so I decided to use the concealer for my dark eye circles and after blending it out nicely and putting some foundation on it, it seems like it doesn't totally remove those disgusting blemishes, but it did make them slightly less obvious, according to my mother.

Not going to buy anymore makeup..

Until after CNY where I get my angpows, that is (:

*I just got boyfriend-aggroed about my haul.

0 comments: