Journey

Thursday 28 January 2010

Magical Tannsu Cream Shadow Review

I've been using the Precious Metal cream shadow (I call it my imitation paint pot) from Magical Tannsu for the past four days and it was been AWESOME.

Been wearing it for more than 12 hours each day, with this eyeshadow I got on sale from O2Skin and there's little/no fading and/or creasing on my oily lids (: I didn't do any touch ups either.

It's well-packaged, coming with a security/sanitary seal at the mouth of the jar. There's this smell when you sniff it but it's nothing overpowering honestly, you can barely smell it. I don't know if MAC Paint Pots have a similar smell cuz I don't own any, but it doesn't bother me.

As for the texture, it's rather smooth and glides on my lids. But of course, as prepared by Magical Tannsu, the colour payoff isn't exactly great but it's sufficient for me. One layer of the cream shadow and I can already see a subtle sheen of colour and shimmer. I think you should be able to build it up if you want.

Maybe it's just me, but I feel that Precious Metal is really close to my skin tone, such that when the light hits it, I can see some shimmer (spread evenly on my lids, of course), but not a lot of gold.

As for Beige Rose, I'd swatched it on my lids once and with one layer, I can already see this really pretty pinkish sheen on my lids. Haven't tried using it as a base yet, but I'll definitely get to it soon.

Also, if you have larger fingers, you might want to use a brush to ease application as the mouth of the jar is rather small, though it's fine for me cuz I've got tiny hands, haha. But don't belittle the small jar - I really love them a lot. And storage is a breeze cuz you can pretty much chuck them anywhere.

I'm also storing them upside down (as recommended to do so with MAC Paint Pots). Not sure if I'm supposed to be doing that but I'll take whatever precautions to make these jars last as long as they can. I actually wondered if the cream will fall out by doing so by it's actually packed together very well and I've left them upside down for very long (since last Sunday) and they have not budged at all (:

Since I have two of these darlings in Beige Rose and Precious Metal, plus two more eye shimmer things I bought from my sister and depotted (de'stick'-ed, actually - smushed and melted into 5g jars. I have them in bronze and gold.), I will be rotating them as bases - one colour for every week, which means I will get to use all four in a month!

I have this feeling that when I run out of these magic jars, I'll DEFINITELY be going back to it. Even more so if she brings in more colours! (I can sooo imagine my boyfriend glaring at me right now.)

All in all, I feel that this miraculous 3g jar of cream shadow is perfect for me, and would probably be for you too, if you're looking for something that can double as a base or as shadow on its own, and you're on a budget.

*Just went to the Magical Tannsu site and I saw that they've been taken off the shelf because they received complaints that it creases. It doesn't crease for me though! Hope it goes back on the site soon.

0 comments: