Journey

Monday 25 January 2010

Proposal to Patrick Tan regarding Loan for New Laptop

Dear Daddy,

My MacBook is going to hit the three-year mark and its AppleCare (i.e. warranty) will expire as well, which would mean that if and when my MacBook decides to buy itself a one-way ticket to Computer Heaven, I would not be able to repair it for free.

Thus, I would like to enlist your help in acquiring a spanking new laptop (with three years of warranty).

I am considering a Fujitsu laptop when then Ngee Ann Polytechnic Laptop Road Show rolls around in March. It should cost between $1,100 to $1,200 for relatively good specs and freebies.

The following are reasons why I am requesting your help in acquiring a new laptop:
  1. I can only buy laptops from school while I am still a student of Ngee Ann Polytechnic, which will end 18 April 2010.
  2. My pay (est. $1,500) will come only in July/August 2010.
  3. Free upgrades
  4. Free stuff (mouse, thumbdrive, etc.) Who doesn't like free stuff?
  5. Free programmes too, I think.
I will definitely pay you back when my pay arrives and I assure you that in the happy event that you do purchase a new laptop for me in March, you will not need to 'climb hill' as I've wandered around campus for a good three years and I do know the way around ('climb stairs' can?)

Alternatively, I could renew my AppleCare for $300-600 but as my current MacBook is obsolete and EOL, in the event that it does decide to die, my money would be wasted as they would not be able to perform an exchange for me.

I urge you to consider this proposal and I hope to receive a favourable reply.

P.S: What's for dinner tonight?


It worked. I'm getting a new laptop in March (:

0 comments: