Journey

Friday 22 January 2010

Unfortunately, the NYX spree has been cancelled as the spreer couldn't get enough orders, and NYX had changed the time in which they send out their orders from 2 weeks to 30 days, which is quite ridiculous.

Fortunately, the spreer, Cherub's Lips, does carry some NYX in her blogshop (and in the shades that I actually want!) so I've left my money with her instead of getting a refund, and will be topping up the excess.

So now I'll be getting the NYX Round Lipsticks in Circe and Thalia, for a total of $10.90. If they're good in terms of consistency and colour pay-off, I might just invest in some more of these lippies (after CNY, of course).

In other news, internship officially ends on 5 Feb for us, so we won't have to come back to school anymore (i.e. work from home), except on the 12th, where we're going to have a final meeting and the handover to the Year 2s.

Then I'll be able to enjoy my CNY in peace (:

I'm also really pleased cuz I finally don't have to keep running back and forth between my room and my toilet while doing my makeup (esp. in the early mornings) as the lighting in my room sucks balls. The positioning of my mirror where my makeup is near is not between the lights, so it's rather uneven with one side of my face showing up darker than the other. Also, one side of my room is in white light while the other is in warm light.

But anyway, I was at Ikea the other with my family for dinner and my dad picked up a flourescent light to attach to my other, full-length mirror (incidentally also from Ikea) so now I can do my makeup there. Running from one side of the room to the other beats running between the toilet and my room any day.

No need to buy a special mirror with lights any more (:

The total cost of it would be approximately.. SGD$36 for both the mirror ($9) and the light ($25).

It's good that the frame of the mirror is wooden so you can drill the light directly into the mirror if you don't want to damage your wall. Of course, the ends of the light sticks out a little (though it's already the shortest one), but all in all, it gives good lighting and definitely great for doing makeup with! And it's awesome that it's a full-length mirror as well.

kthxbai.

0 comments: